Yerington boys fall against Smith Valley
December 11, 2002
SMITH VALLEY BOYS 59, YERINGTON 58
Smith Valley held off a late Yerington rally to stun the Lions on their homecourt.
“We’re disappointed,” Yerington coach Daron Wildermuth said. “We had our chances. We did it to ourselves and Smith Valley played a great ball game.”
Yerington trailed 59-55 when Mikey Burt hit a three-pointer with seven seconds left. The Lions had a chance to win after Smith Valley missed two free throws, but turned the ball over.
Smith Valley was 9-of-19 from the foul line while Yerington went 5-of-10.
Wes Thomas had an outstanding game for the Lions, scoring 29 points. Danny Villalobos contributed 14 points for Smith Valley.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature