Yerington boys rout Hawthorne
December 7, 2005
There was no letdown for the Yerington High boys basketball team in a 71-47 win over Hawthorne at home on Wednesday.
A night after the Lions gave Northern 4A McQueen all it could handle in a 58-46 loss, Yerington jumped out to a 23-10 lead after one quarter against Hawthorne and never looked back. The Lions also avenged a 69-66 loss to Hawthorne on Saturday.
Yerington coach Daron Wildermuth said the difference between Saturday and Wednesday was his team’s defense.
“They came out ready to play,” said Wildermuth, whose team went on to lead 42-25 at halftime.
“Defensively we played pretty much like we needed to. The kids played well. We just played better team defense and that’s what it was all about.”
Ryan Rife scored 23 points, Jeremy Means had 13 points and Casey Wildermuth and Scott Veil each added nine points for the Lions.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit