Yerington falls short against McQueen
December 6, 2005
The Yerington High boys basketball team gave Northern 4A school McQueen all it could handle on Tuesday before falling 58-46.
Yerington jumped out to a 16-6 lead after one quarter. “We jumped out early,” Yerington coach Daron Wildermuth said. “We came ready to play.”
McQueen hit three three-pointers in the second quarter, but the Lions still led 25-23 at halftime. The Lancers, though, outscored Yerington 16-6 in the third quarter to take a 39-31 lead.
Ryan Rife scored 15 points and Jeremy Means had 13 points for Yerington. Lions coach Daron Wildermuth said the game should help his team prepare for Northern 3A play.
“It was obviously an opportunity for us to play a big school,” Wildermuth said. “I’m happy with our kids. I’m ecstatic. You never want to lose but it was a heckuva effort. I think we’ll be OK.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand