Churchill County Commissioners meet Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. at the Churchill County Administrative Building, Commission Chambers, 155 N. Taylor St. This meeting will also be conducted on Zoom.
Accessing the meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/151527181?pwd=SG1RNGtmZUJFa1BuYmk2UTlRYi8vQT09Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
These meetings are subject to the provisions of Nevada Open Meeting Law (NRS Chapter 241). Except as otherwise provided for by law, these meetings are open and public. Action will be taken on all agenda items, unless otherwise noted.
If you attend the meeting at the physical location, you are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Consideration and possible action
• Update of current activities, plans, or actions related to the Bureau of Land Management's Carson City District.
• Funding request from the Fallon Ranch Hand Rodeo for $2,000.
• Presentation from the Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) on the Carson River Water Marketing Study.
• Presentation from the Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) on the Water Connects Us All Campaign.
• Approval of the Nevada Agreement on Allocation of Opioid Recoveries, an agreement among the State of Nevada and multiple cities and counties which provides for the distribution of proceeds received.
• Award of bid to Bruce Purves Construction, Inc. in the amount of $696,015 for the Churchill County Civic Center Buildout Project.
• Approval of the Churchill County Debt Management Policy for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
• Amendment 15 to the Encroachment Protection Agreement N6247310RP00135 between the Department of the Navy and Churchill County for the acquisition of Conservation Easements through July 28, 2026.
• Ratification of an Agreement with Oasis Air Conditioning & Heating in the amount of $835,027 to do HVAC design and construction at the Churchill County Civic Center.
• Performance Evaluation process for the county manager
• Approval of a proposal from Lumos & Associates to complete a boundary line adjustment for the county-owned parcels on Coleman Road (Assessor's Parcel Numbers 008-311-11 &12) for $7,905.
• Addition of a part-time custodian position for Facilities and Grounds.
• Approval of a full-time Recreation Coordinator position for the Social Services Department at the William N. Pennington Life Center.
• Approval of Class Specification (Job Description) for senior planner
• Approval of class specifications (job descriptions) for the following positions due to receipt of grant funding: one (1) community health nurse supervisor; one (1) community health program specialist; two (2) medical assistants; one (1) part-time (19 hours per week) human resources specialist;
• Approval to hire casual transportation specialists for the William N. Pennington Life Center