Rotary Club of Fallon
Rotary meets every Tuesday at noon at the Stockman’s Steakhouse. Each meeting usually has a speaker. Guests are welcome.
Volunteers needed for health district
The Central Nevada Health District seeks volunteers to form the Food Protection Hearing and Advisory Board.
This board will provide oversight if a food service facility disputes the decision of the Environmental Health program. The goal of the FPHAB is to help ensure the district’s Environmental Health program is meeting the needs of the local food industry regarding compliance and enforcement actions.
The voluntary FPHAB will be a District Board of Health-appointed seven-member advisory board, two of which (at least) will be representatives from the local food industry and the remaining five members will be considered based on their willingness to make a difference within our communities.
Three members of the FPHAB will be appointed for a one-year term, three for a two-year term, and one for a three-year term.
Meetings will only be scheduled when formal requests for appeals/waivers are received and will not occur more frequently than monthly.
Residents and business owners in Churchill, Pershing, Mineral and Eureka counties and the City of Fallon are eligible to apply for the advisory board and can do so via the online application: https://www.centralnevadahd.org/applications-open-to-form-food-protection-hearing-and-advisory-board/.
Churchill County Library
Fall into autumn at the Churchill County Library with a full calendar of fun events for the community, including some new offerings.
• Drop-in 3D printing workshop is Sept. 27 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Using the library’s 3D printer, make objects, both useful and pretty, and learn more about this popular technology.
• U.S. Sen. Jacky Rosen’s office representative at the library on Sept. 14 for “office hours” at 1 p.m. Stop by and let the senator’s staff know what your concerns are.
• Reading with Rover takes place on Sept. 14 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Children read books to dogs to improve their reading skills and confidence to a decidedly captive audience. Added bonus: our furry friends are great listeners.
• Family Science Night on Sept. 15 at 5 p.m. Join library staff for hands-on experiments that are fun for the entire family. This remote program will be on the library’s big screen so everyone can conduct experiments and learn the science behind them. Supplies provided.
• Stop Motion Animation workshop happening on Sept. 20 at 3:30 p.m.
• Need a career change? Let EmployNV help you with aspects of finding a new job on Sept. 21 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the library.
• Teen Library Council meeting on Sept. 26 at 2 p.m.
• New book discussion for adults on Sept. 28 at 6 p.m. In honor of National Good Neighbor Day, bring your own book about good or bad neighbors to discuss. Light refreshments will be served. The library is featuring books about neighbors in September in case you need ideas.
• Elementary Book Club is Sept. 29 at 3 p.m. Have the elementary kids stop by after school.
Pennington Life Center
Stop by the Pennington Life Center in September for the many activities planned for the month.
Plenty of good eats at the Pennington Life Center: All are welcome to partake. Lunch served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. weekdays. Cost is $6 for those under age 60 and a suggested donation of $3 for those 60 and older.