Photo detail

The Churchill County L:ibrary celebrates on Saturday its 50th anniversary at its present location on 553 S. Maine St.

Stories this photo appears in:

Library celebrates anniversary

The county’s rich library history stretches back 112 years to 1905 when Fallon’s first lending library operated out of the old post office. It moved to various locations including both the Wightman Building and the Woodliff Building before a permanent site was selected and a new library was dedicated at the current location in April 1967.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment