According to David Catalino from the Nevada Division of Wildlife (NDOW) Mason Valley Fish Hatchery, here are some recent fish plants in this general area of Western Nevada:
- Galena Creek in Washoe County: 265 rainbows, 8 inches in length.
- Thomas Creek in Washoe County: 593 rainbows, 8 inches.
- Whites Creek in Washoe County: 397 rainbows, 8 inches.
- Truckee River at the Virginia St. Bridge, Booth St. Bridge, Crystal Peak Bridge, Verdi Bridge and Eagle Pitcher: 2,002 rainbows, 9 inches.
- Sparks Marina: 500 rainbows, 9 inches.