The Carson Ranger District of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest (U.S. Forest Service) will be hosting a series of open houses in this general area.
They are as follows:
- Carson City: July 24 - 1-3 p.m. at the Carson City Library.
- Minden: July 24 - 6-8 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn.
- Markleeville: July 25 - 6-8 p.m. at Turtle Rock Campground.
- Reno: July 26 - 6-8 p.m. at the McKinley Cultural Center.
- Bridgeport: July 26 - 6-8 p.m. at Memorial Hall.
The purpose of the meetings is to collect public comment on Draft Environmental Impact Statements on:
- Amendment to the Land and Resource Management Plan of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest for the Northern Sierra Area (also known as the "Northern Sierra Amendment)."
- Sierra Nevada Forest Plan Amendment (also known as the "Sierra Framework)."
For information, call Stephanie Morelan at 882-2766 or email at email@example.com.