RENO - The Beach Boys will be jammin' at the Reno Hilton for Hot August Nights tonight.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. show in the Reno Hilton Amphitheater are $32 today.
Call 789-2285 for details.
The band that offered the surfing soundtrack for the '60s features Mike Love and longtime member Bruce Johnston.
In addition, the band behind "Eddie and the Cruisers" will be playing a free concert 6:30 p.m. at Vickie's Crown Cafe in Sparks as part of this week's Hot August Nights celebration. John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band performed the music for the movie.
Other events scheduled for today:
- 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Swap meet, nostalgia faire, craft faire and cool car showroom at the Reno Livestock Events Center.
- 8 - 10 a.m. Silver Car Auction at the Reno Convention Center.
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Celebrity Choice Show 'N' Shine in downtown Reno
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Celebrity Choice Show 'N' Shine in downtown Sparks
- 8 -11p.m. Sock Hop $5. Boomtown Convention City in Verdi.
- 8 p.m. Hot August Nights Prom 2000 at John Ascuaga's Nugget.