The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Matthew Cardenas, 36, foreman from Carson City was arrested at 6:01 a.m. Friday on suspicion of gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer and obstructing a peace officer. Bail was set at $3,564.
• Clinton Clark, a business owner from Gardnerville, was arrested at 3:35 p.m. Thursday on felony obtaining money under false pretenses and elderly exploitation. Bail was set at $50,000.
• Charles Salvador Mays, 39, a correctional officer from Carson City, was arrested at 2:35 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of gross misdemeanor child endangerment. According to the arrest report, Mays allegedly took his girlfriend's 9-year-old son up Goni Canyon and dropped the boy off in the 90-degree weather with a bottle of water, telling him to run up the hill as a punishment. The boy told police Mays said he was going home to nap. The child said he began his trip up the hill, but became frightened when he came across other hikers. He said he spent about two hours walking back down the hill and walked to a business on Goni Road where he asked for help. Mays allegedly told police he was trying to teach the boy self confidence. His bail was set at $5,000.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A mother reported Thursday her ex-husband took her 8-year-old son to Washington and will not return him.
• A television was found Thursday at 6:05 p.m. in the 5000 block of Highway 50 East.