Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center opening and patient move day:
• First patient in the new medical center Emergency Department: 8:01 a.m., minor car accident
• Number of patients moved to new center: 50, plus three who showed up at Carson-Tahoe Hospital's ER after 8 a.m.
• First patient arrived from the old hospital: 8:05 a.m.
• Patient move completed: 11:30 a.m.
• First breakfast ordered: 8:30 a.m., eggs
• First emergency surgery performed: 9:30 a.m., patient was then admitted into the Intensive Care Unit. Elective surgery begins Monday.
• Number of mothers expected to deliver: 1-2
• First emergency room patient: 8:01 a.m.
• Emergency department fast-care patients: Two before noon
• Staff and volunteers working: 600-700
• Percentage of the hospital's total staff at work: 50 percent. The hospital employs 1,300.
Source: Medical center Chief Executive Officer Ed Epperson
"Things went incredibly smooth. No real problems. We knew there would be a number of things that would not go according to plan. There were a few, but the staff immediately adapted. We had our first emergency room patient at 8:01. The ambulance pulled up just before we received our first (transfer) patient."
Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center Chief Executive Officer