• Wild Sage performs at 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library auditorium, 900 N. Roop St. Features instruments of fiddle, banjo, dulcimer, whistles and mandolin, with musicians performing Irish and American reels, jigs, waltzes and others. Call 887-2244.
• Perfect Choice performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through June 5. Call 782-9711.
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk at Mexican Ditch, Riverview neighborhood. Park at pet cemetery, near Animal Services on Butti. Call 885-2166.
• "Behind the T-shirt Curtain," a video brown bag lunch and discussion at noon at Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St., with State Historic Preservation Officer Ron James. Free admission; bring a sack lunch. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Presentation of Nevada Tartan Stones, 2 p.m. after Heritage Hall of Fame Ceremony, Koontz-Cahlan Research Room, Nevada State Library and Archives, 100 N. Stewart St. Call 687-3410.
• Carson River Advisory Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Queens of the Stone Age perform at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $22.50, general admission. Call 789-2285.
• "Living in Nevada" art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative's Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Includes reception from 5-6 p.m. June 2. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Exhibit up through June 30. Call 287-2252.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting, 6 p.m. for Lakeview area residents, at Carson City Fire Station No. 1, 777 S. Stewart St. Call 887-2252.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting, 7 p.m. for Kings Canyon residents at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St., by University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension. Call 887-2252.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Public welcome for coffee and snacks from 7-9 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel foyer, 801 S. Carson St. with the Houston Police Bicycle Relay Team before they depart Carson City for Lake Tahoe. A ride for awareness and fund-raiser for leukemia. Call 883-9500.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Mardi Gras theme features live music by Deja Blues Band, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• 60th Anniversary Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course. Four-person scrambles begin at 8:30 a.m.; cost $85 per person and includes lunch, shirt and hat, raffle prizes and awards given. Call 782-8144.
• Three Dog Night performs at John Ascuaga's Nugget, Sparks in the Celebrity Showroom on Friday and Saturday. Tickets $40 per person; call 356-3300.
• Reno Kennel Club Dog Show, 9 a.m. Friday through Sunday at Fuji Park. Call Elizabeth Wise at 356-6519.
• Carson City Library's annual Kiwanis/SlotWorld Breakfast for Books, 7:30-10:30 a.m. on the library lawn, 900 N. Roop St. Cost $6 adults, $3 kids and $15 families. Call 887-2244. Also, Friends of the Carson City Library Book Sale, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the auditorium.
• Carson City Sheriff Bike Rodeo, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mills Park Pavilion A. Call Steve Shutte at 887-2500.
• Carson City Airport Air Fair 2005, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 2600 Graves Lane. Features modern and vintage aircraft, live music, vintage auto display, Nevada State Railroad Museum display, free popcorn and ice cream and special appearance by "Sentimental Journey," World War II vintage B-17 Flying Fortress; rides available weather permitting. Call 887-1234.
• Comstock Spring Rummage Sale, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2601 E. College Parkway. Features antiques, collectibles, housewares, clothes and more.
• First-ever Capital City Law Enforcement Insignia Collectors Show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge, 1380 E. Fifth St. Admission $3 per person; law enforcement w/valid ID free. Call Gladys Brister at 882-1467 or Dennis Daniels at 265-9394.
• Spring Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Fire Safety and Prevention Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Carson Valley Home Depot, 920 Jacks Valley Road, by UNR Cooperative Extension. Call 784-4848.
• Cancer Survivor's Day, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Cancer Resource Center (Adams House), 990 N. Minnesota St. Free live music, vendor samples, raffle and more. Barbecue free for survivors, $5 all other adults, $2 children. Call 885-4281.
•Tutor Orientation/Training session for the ESL In-home program, 2-4 p.m. at the Ron Wood Family Resource Center, 212 E. Winnie Lane. No experience or foreign language required. Training and materials provided. Call Florence Phillips at 888-2021.
• Auditions for Proscenium Players production of "The Foreigner," 2-4 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. in upstairs ballroom. Call 883-1976.
• Auditions for Battle of the Bands at Cornerstone Music/Connected, 900 Mallory Way. Call for scheduling, 841-1119.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Thunder Bowl Speedway Flattrack TT Scrambles in Mound House. Gates open at 5, racing at 7 p.m. Includes beginner to expert, kids, pro-payback races for motorcycles, vintage bikes and quad ATVs. Call 233-6636.
• Lyon County Horseman's Association Poker Ride, 10 a.m. at The Pit Stop on Highway 50, Silver Springs. Cash prize to winner; 50/50 drawing and participation gift to all. Cost $5 for one hand for LCHA members, $10 nonmembers. Potluck lunch after ride. Call 629-0713.
• Carson Valley Inn Fishing Derby more than $1,000 in cash prizes as you angle for mackinaw on private charter boats on Lake Tahoe. Call the Carson Valley Inn at 783-6679.
• Nevada Area Council, Boy Scouts of America annual Scout Show for families, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Sierra Pacific Power general office, 1745 S. Wells Ave., Reno. Breakfast available for $3; show includes booths, skills, demonstrations and Pinewood Derby and Raingutter Regatta finals. Call 787-1111.
• Minden Arts & Crafts Fair sponsored by Minden Businesses Saturday and Sunday. Entertainment and lots of crafts. Call 782-2444.