• "Nevada's Story," 7 p.m., Piper's Opera House, 12 North B St. in Virginia City. The panoramic musical comedy about gambling in Nevada featuring McAvoy Layne as Mark Twain's ghost and the Baron von Remmel. Tickets $15 general admission. Call 775-847-0433.
• Mark Twain's birthday celebration, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m., Territorial Enterprise Museum, 47-53 S. C St. The Territorial Enterprise Museum will hold an authors reception and book-signing from 5-7 p.m. McAvoy Lane will present "The Ghost of Mark Twain." The museum will offer free admission. Call 775-847-0525.
• Veterans Day Parade, 11 a.m., downtown Virginia City, C Street. Parade forms at Fourth Ward School. Call 847-0509.
• "The Ballad of Dayton Diggins, or Dexter Done Wrong," 7:30 p.m., Odeon Hall, 65 Pike St. Also Nov. 18. Misfits Theater Group presents an original melodrama about a crooked assayer cheating the local miners. Tickets $10 each. Call 246-9622.
• Benefit Food and Clothing Drive, 8 a.m., St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community, 3000 N. Lompa Lane. Saturday before and after 4 p.m. Mass; also before and after 8, 9:30 and 11:15 a.m. Masses Sunday. Look for white pickup truck. Call 745-5883.
• Mound House Business Association Meeting, 6- 7:15 p.m., Old Time Cafe, 10196 Highway 50 East. Business owners, managers, employees and interested citizens are encouraged to attend. Agenda includes:
* Report on the kick-off of the Fund-a-Flake drive to help LRTC Wild Horse Mentors feed rescued horses up for adoption.
* Reminder for area residents to roll up their sleeves for the Nov. 19 Community Blood Drive.
* Launch of the "Mound House Christmas" Ð toy drive for needy children in the area. Drop-off points will be established, and a special announcement the Northern Nevada Pony Express Association's riders will be helping Santa deliver the toys.
* A progress report on fund-raising for "Welcome" signs to be placed at either end of the community along Highway 50. Call (775) 338-8326.
• Dayton 4H Ski and Snowboard Club, 6:30 p.m., Dayton Intermediate School, Multi-purpose room. Open to students age 9 through high school. Registration both days for program. Parents welcome to participate. Call 246-0961.
• Dayton's 18th annual Christmas Craft and Gift Faire and Book Sale, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Dayton High School, Breakwater Road. Features more than 70 booths plus silent auction, food, door prizes, Santa and Mrs. Claus, children's crafts, entertainment and more. Free admission. Call 246-3910.