• 236 homes sold, which is 16 less than the same quarter last year
• $76.5 million was spent on those homes, which is $7.8 million more than third quarter 2004
• The median cost of a home is $323,000, which is up 19 percent from a year ago
• The national median cost of a home is $218,000, up 15 percent from a year ago
• The average cost of a home is $358,000, up 13 percent from a year ago
• The national average of a home is $267,500, up 11 percent from a year ago
Source: Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service, which includes single-family homes, condos and manufactured homes sold by all real estate agents who belong to the service. Q3 is July to September.
Sierra Pacific Power Co. has recorded 810 meter setups in new homes in Carson City from November 2004 to October 2005, that's up about 16 percent from the same period a year before.