A Carson City massage therapist pleaded not guilty in Carson City District Court on Monday to molesting a client during a June appointment.
Joel Murphy, 58, is charged with one count of sexual assault. He is being held in the Carson City Jail on $50,000 bail.
According to an investigator, a client of Murphy's alleged he was treating her for back pain when he allegedly assaulted her.
The 26-year-old victim, who has since moved from the area, said she had been a client of Murphy's since March 2005, but had known him since she was a child.
A trial was set for July 18.
Man sentenced in armed robbery
Also on Monday, Rudy Morris Perez, 28, was sentenced to 18 to 72 months in prison for his part in a September armed robbery.
According to the police report, the victim was invited to a Harrison Lane home on the pretext of buying a stereo.
When he arrived, he was allegedly confronted by Omar Segura, 22, two other men and Perez armed with an AK-47 assault rifle.
The victim handed over his money and fled on foot. He called police from a bar on Airport Road.
Defense Attorney Ben Walker denied his client was involved in the initial assault and only walked outside of the home carrying the rifle after Segura and the two others had already begun the robbery.
"He never pointed it, was never closer than 20 feet (to the victim) and in fact, told Mr. Segura to put his gun down," Walker said.
Walker said Perez was found hiding under the house when police arrived because he was concerned he would be arrested for outstanding traffic warrants.
Perez pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery.
"I took the deal cause I was guilty of standing there with an AK," he said.
Griffin gave Perez credit for 187 days time served.
Segura received 20 to 50 months in prison for conspiracy to commit robbery when he was sentenced Feb. 27.
In other District Court cases before Judge Mike Griffin on Monday:
• Michael Scott Hopper, 37, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. He faces 12 to 48 months in prison and a $5,000 fine when sentenced April 24.
• Donald Allen Paetz, 47, pleaded guilty to one count of felony trafficking. He was found with 11.75 grams of methamphetamine when stopped on a bicycle by deputies Feb. 13. He faces 12 to 48 months in prison and a $5,000 fine when sentenced April 24.
• Thomas Steven Poirier Jr., 24, pleaded guilty to obtaining a prescription for a controlled substance from multiple physicians. He faces one to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine when sentenced April 24.
• Jose Rodriguez-Hortega, 29, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. He faces 12 to 48 months in prison and a $5,000 fine when sentenced April 24.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 881-1213.