Community briefs

Carson City

Spring well start up, flushing begin today

Starting today and ending June 1, the Carson City Water Division will be starting up and testing additional wells in anticipation of increased water needs. The division may also be flushing water mains in the Riverview, Stanton Park, Woodside Terrace, River Knolls, Parc De Maison and Lewis Home areas. Residences in the areas where flushing will occur will be given 24 hours in advance. Residents may notice low water pressure and discolored water during and just after flushing.

Call 887-2355.

Free concert at railroad museum

Fremont Elementary School teacher Sandra Irvin's second-grade student chorus, "The Little Toots," will present a free concert of railroad music 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.

Douglas County

Library to accept 'Food for Fines'

Today through April 21, the Douglas County Public Libraries, 1625 Library Lane in Minden, and 233 Warrior Way in Zephyr Cove, will be accepting "Food for Fines." For each can or box of nonperishable food donated, patrons may choose to waive an overdue fine or select a free book from the library's sale rack. All proceeds go to the Carson Valley Community Food Closet. Call 782-9841.

Photo club to hold meeting Tuesday

The Carson Valley Photo Club will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane in Minden. Macro photography will be discussed. Call 783-8600.

Senior services advisory council to meet Tuesday

The public is welcome to attend the regular monthly meeting of the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Douglas County Senior Citizens Center, 2300 Meadow Lane in Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.

Lyon County

County open burning to close early

The Central Lyon County Fire Protection District will be closing open burning earlier than anticipated due to extremely dry conditions. All burn permits will expire Sunday instead of May 20.

Burning will remain closed until adequate moisture is received during the fall. Call 246-6209.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment