The Nevada Supreme Court's Carson City courthouse remained closed Tuesday because of lingering odors caused when elevator operating equipment overheated.
The Saturday malfunction of a hydraulic pump serving one of two elevators on the main floor sent oily smoke throughout the building.
The building was shut down Monday and staff sent home because of the smell in the building. The court was opened Tuesday but shut down again about 10 a.m. after staff complained about noticeable odors, particularly on the third floor where justices' chambers are located.
The elevator will be repaired in a few days.
Only two attorneys and a law clerk were in the building when the pump and motor overheated. There was no fire and only one person needed treatment for smoke inhalation.
Chief Justice Bill Maupin issued an order extending deadlines for any court documents which were supposed to be filed Monday or Tuesday.
Officials expect the court will be open today.