Carson City

Residential tax funds application process canceled

The Carson City Parks and Recreation Department has canceled this year's application process for Residential Construction Tax funds. For information, call 887-2262.

RSVP by April 2 for community luncheon

Carson City Chamber of Commerce and Heritage Bank hosts "Our Changing Community" luncheon, 11:30 a.m. April 7, Carson Nugget, second floor ballroom to address our growing gang problem. RSVP prior to April 2 a must. $28 per person. Speakers will be: Dee Schafer-Kruper, President, Corporate Solutions, Reno; Neil Rombardo Carson City District Attorney, Brock Richter, President, Reno Secret Witness Program. For reservations call 882-1565.

Free Discover Scuba event

High Desert Divers, Strictly Scuba Dive and Snorkel Center of Carson City will sponsor a free Discover Scuba event Saturday, March 29, Carson City Aquatic Facility, Roop and William Streets. Participants must be at least 8 years old and in good health. Anyone under 13 must have a parent or guardian present during the activity. Anyone under 18 must have all forms sighed by a parent or guardian. Appointments will be scheduled between noon-3 p.m. For information call 884-3483.

Nursing students hosting yard sale

WNC nursing students will hold a yard sale, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, March 29 in the east parking lot of the campus, in front of the Dini Library and Student Center. The sale will be held rain or shine. If the weather is not suitable, the yard sale will be relocated to the Bristlecone Building. For information or to donate items, call 997-3340.

USDA food distribution Friday

USDA Commodity Foods will be distributed 9-11 a.m., Friday, March 28, Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William Street by Retired and Senior Volunteer Program. This month's commodity foods include spaghetti, apple sauce, canned beef, canned tomatoes, orange juice, apricots and mixed fruits. Any needy family in Carson City can be eligible. The household must sign the "Issuance Sheet at the Community Center certifying that the household's annual income doe not exceed 150% of the federal poverty guidelines. A picture ID or drivers license is required. For information call, 688-2828 or 687-4680, extension 0.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment