Carson City Health Department's food-service inspections from Nov. 6-17 (all scores are on a 100-point scale):
• Port O' Subs #69, 3721 N. Carson St., scored 87 points. Found prepared tuna salad in the front make-up unit (covered) holding at 51 F (internal food temperature). Found meats and cheeses in the drop unit at 45 F and above. Shall keep a time/temperature log of each item to verify the starting temperature (temperature of the item when it was placed in this unit), and that each item is consumed or discarded within four hours of being placed in this unit. Foods in the large reach-in units in the kitchen are not stored in the proper order. Meats are stored over produce and bread. Lights are not properly shielded or protected. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Mi Casa Too Restaurant, 3809 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Mi Casa Too Bar/Lounge, 3809 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Thurman's Ranch House Bar/Lounge, 2943 U.S. 50 East, scored 99 points. The inside walls, fan guard and drain hoses need cleaning inside the far left reach-in behind the bar. There is water ponding on the bottom of this unit. Locate the leak and repair.
• CVS/Pharmacy #8779 Convenience Store, 220 Fairview Drive, scored 100 points.
• Q's Steaks, Bar-B-Cue and Salads Restaurant, 230 Fairview Drive, scored 98 points. Various food items were found stored inadequately labeled or unlabeled. NRS 202.2483: No "No Smoking" signs were found at the entrances.
• El Charro Avitia Restaurant, 4389 S. Carson St., scored 96 points. Taco beef was found in the hot holding unit less than 140 F. Since this beef was previously prepared and kept cold overnight, it must be re-heated to 165 F and kept at 140 F or more before service. A box of frozen crab seafood was found in a five-gallon pail of water without running water to wash debris away.
• El Charro Avitia Bar/Lounge, 4389 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Dotty's #2 Bar/Lounge, 3771 S. Carson St., scored 96 points. There was no detectable chlorine residual on dishware after the mechanical final rinse.