If your group or business is doing something to help the community during the holidays, e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Holiday Help, to be included in this listing.
HOW TO HELP
• Share Your Holiday Food Drive: This annual food drive sustains the food pantry at Advocated to End Domestic Violence shelter for the winter months.
Donations of canned goods, dry goods, detergents, paper products, and/or cash can be dropped off at the Governor's Mansion, 600 N. Mountain St., 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 10. Volunteers are also needed throughout the day.
For more information, call 883-7654.
• "Friends to All" Senior Santa Visits: Santa and volunteers will visit seniors in their homes to deliver gifts. To make a monetary donation, make checks payable to Retired Senior Volunteer Program with a memo "Friends to All" and send it to Friends to All, c/o Fountainhead Associates, 312 W. Fourth St., Carson City, NV 89703. They can also use donations such as packaged food items, gift certificates, puzzle books, slipper socks, etc. For more information, call 884-0180.
• Angel Trees: The Salvation Army will have angel trees around town for those who want to help a child have a merry Christmas. Toys also can be dropped off at the Salvation Army office, 661 Colorado St. Call 887-9120.
• The Carson City Host Lions are selling See's candy at the Carson Mall, Raley's and Costco. The proceeds provide eyeglasses and exams for Carson City youths and a scholarship for a Carson High student.
They also sponsor an invitational basketball tournament at the Carson High School Gym today and Saturday.
The proceeds are donated to the high school basketball program.
At the Christmas party at Grandma Hatties on the Dec. 20, they will collect presents for the seniors at the Carson City Senior Center.
For more information or to help, call Rick Jackson at (775) 885-9597.
• Sierra Surgery: The surgery center is raising money for Food for Thought and Angel Tree for all the Carson City elementary schools. Anyone who would like to donate to these causes can call Denise Howell at (775) 283-3765.
• Holiday with a Hero: Donations are still being sought to provide $100 gift cards to 150 of the city's neediest children. Representatives fromthe Carson City sheriff's, fire and other departments will escort the children on a shopping spree to Walmart. All cash donations can be dropped off or mailed to the Carson City Sheriff's Office, 911 E. Musser St., Carson City, 89701. Write "Holiday with a Hero" in the memo field. For more information or to also donate wrapping paper, tape or lunch, contact Detective Dena Lacy at 887-2020 ext. 41405 or Detective Daniel Gonzales at ext. 41407.
• Drop-off locations for Toys for Tots: Drop off new, unwrapped toys at the following Carson City locations: B'Sghetti's; Bella Fiore Wines; Capitol City Loans; Carson City Harley Davidson; CGI Manufacturing; Carson City Library; Carson High School; Carson Toyota; Carson Valley Inn; Children's Museum; Chili's; Chili's North; City National Bank; Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center; Decades; Department of Transportation; Christmas Store; Eagle Valley Middle School; Casino Fandango; Coleman & Company Jewelers; Gold's Gym; Home Depot; Chromalloy; Jacks Valley School; Jenny Craig; Keva Juice; Doctor Smash Designs; Les Schwab; Marines Recruiting Office; Massage Envy; Raleys in Douglas County; Rite Aide in Douglas County; Evergreen Gene's; Sierra Gifts; Nevada State Railroad Museum; NW Martial Arts; Red's Old 395; Snap On Tools; Timbers; Two Guys From Italy in Douglas County; United Blood Services; UPS; Walmart; WNC Child Care Center; Wild for Smiles.
IF YOU NEED HELP:
• Toys for Tots: To sign up to receive Toys for Tots, call 884-TOYS (8697) 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday until Dec. 17.
• "Friends to All" Senior Santa Visits: Santa and volunteers will visit seniors in their homes to deliver gifts. If you or a home-bound senior you know would like a visit, call Gwen Pradere at 884-0180.湵