The Carson City Board of Supervisors will consider legislative changes proposed by the Carson City Airport Authority when it meets Thursday.
It has been proposed that the law creating the authority be amended so that supervisors can appoint a member representing a larger area of manufacturers, and if a qualified candidate is not found, then supervisors can appoint someone who meets the other requirements of the law.
Other items on Thursday's agenda include:
• The purchase of an additional sweeper to clean the downtown area, William Street, Stewart Street and other areas.
• Authorizing the mayor to sign an interlocal agreement between Carson City and the state of Nevada for engineering design and construction improvements to the Marlette Lake Water System.
• Extension of an ordinance to temporarily eliminate the time limits on banners to allow businesses more advertising alternatives during difficult economic conditions.
• Appointing Molly Walt to the Parks and Recreation Commission to fill the unexpired term of former Supervisor Pete Livermore ending Dec. 31.
• A review of the city's operations scorecard dealing with the general fund and other funds.
• Action on two properties, one at 1180 Palo Verde Drive and another on Karin Drive.
The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to www.car
son-city.nv.us to download an agenda and a complete information packet.
Other meetings this week:
The Open Space Advisory Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room of the community center to:
• Discuss recommending to the board of supervisors the acquisition of 405 acres of John Serpa's property and:
• Discuss a conservation easement required for the transfer of Prison Hill Recreation Area, Silver Saddle Ranch, the Ambrose Natural Area and adjacent Carson River lands from the Bureau of Land Management.
• Take action to cancel the Dec. 13 meeting.
• Take action to determine the committee's regular meetings in 2011.