The following people were booked into the Carson City jail. All suspects are innocent unless proven guilty in court:
• A 26-year-old Carson City man was charged with first offense driving under the influence at 4:16 a.m. Friday after an accident in the parking lot of the AM-PM on Highway 50 east. He was also charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor after telling deputies he was trying to teach his 14-year-old niece how to drive and that she was at the wheel when the car hit a light pole. Total bail was set at $1,500.
• A 30-year-old Sparks woman was charged with petty larceny after reportedly trying to shoplift items at Walmart. The arrest was made at 4:17 p.m. Saturday and bail was set at $250.
• A 23-year-old Carson man was charged with domestic battery after deputies were called to an apartment in the 1700 block of Russell Way at 2:28 a.m. Sunday. He was also charged with trespassing for refusing to leave his girlfriend's apartment when she demanded he go. He was accused of hitting and throwing her into a wall and a closet door in front of her 3-year-old daughter. Bail was set at $3,150.
• A 42-year-old Carson City man was arrested in a Hot Springs Road apartment parking lot at 4:42 a.m. Sunday after a background check revealed a fugitive from justice warrant for his arrest. Joel Germain was wanted on a parole violation and that he has felony convictions in his history including battery on a peace officer. He was also charged in Carson City with failing to register as an ex-felon. He was being held without bail.
• A Carson City man was arrested on first offense driving under the influence charges at 5:20 a.m. Sunday. He was stopped for failure to maintain a lane in the 2100 block of East William Street. Bail was set at $1,050.
• A 42-year-old Carson City man was charged with DUI and his 35-year-old passenger with obstructing a peace officer after a traffic stop early Monday. The vehicle was pulled over at Highway 50 East and Russell Way at 1:51 a.m. The driver refused a preliminary breath test and was charged with first offense DUI. Bail was set at $1,050. The passenger got out of the car and, despite orders from the deputy, refused to get back in and refused to show his right hand even when the deputy pulled his weapon. His bail was set at $300.
• An 18-year-old Carson City woman was charged as a minor consuming alcohol following a traffic stop at 3:23 a.m. Monday. Her blood alcohol was less than the 0.8 percent to qualify for a DUI. The vehicle was pulled over in the 2700 block of Highway 50 East. She was also held on a Reno Municipal Court warrant charging contempt of court. Total bail was $1,000.
• A 38-year-old Carson City man was charged with disorderly conduct at 2:11 a.m. Sunday after he was found asleep at a gaming machine in a downtown casino. He reportedly argued with deputies to leave him alone and resisted until threatened with a Taser. Bail was set at $150.
• Two Carson City women were taken into custody at 12:22 a.m. Sunday after their vehicle was stopped for having an expired registration. The stop at Hot Springs Road and Northgate also revealed contempt of court warrants for both the 33-year-old and the 28-year-old. One was also charged with obstructing an officer after first giving incorrect ID information, and with driving on a suspended license. Her bail was set at $2,500. The other woman was also charged with not having a driver's license and no proof of insurance. Her total bail was $1,778.