A planning commission's decision to deny a 160-foot wind energy tower in southeast Carson City is being appealed to the board of supervisors Thursday by the applicant.
The application, from Rainbow Conservation Corp. on behalf of Joseph Goni, sought a special use permit to install a wind turbine on a 2.5-acre parcel zoned Single Family 6000 at 7300 Schulz Drive. The applicant now is proposing to lower the height to 111 feet.
The board can uphold or reverse the commission's decision. It also may send the application back to the commission to be reviewed again for variations to height, setback and noise standards.
In other matters Thursday, supervisors will:
• Hear a presentation and report on the Nevada Division of Forestry's wildland fire management activities in Carson City.
• Hear a presentation by the Carson City Municipal Golf corporation of activities at the Eagle Valley Golf Course.
• Discuss or take action on a request for a two-year extension of the final map for a planned unit development known as Ross Park at 4749 Snyder Ave.
• Hear a staff report about the wastewater reclamation plant.
• Take action on a second reading of an ordinance regarding pro bono programs under the District Attorney's Office.
• Hear a review of the city-wide performance scorecard regarding the general fund and other funds, as well as economic indicators and capital.
• As the liquor and entertainment board, they will decide whether to approve Kristi Pattison as the liquor manager for Brugo's Pizza Co. located at 3228 N. Carson St.
The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Commun-ity Center, 851 E. William St. Go to www.carson.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet.