Greenhouse Garden Center continues it's weekly schedule of free seminars.
The center is located at 2450 S. Curry St. in Carson City. For more information, call 882-8600, or go online to www.greenhousegardencenter.com.
• Kids Gardening - Veggie Tales, 11-11:45 a.m. today. Myrna Gielow and Zach Bellona will show children ages 4-12 how easy it is to grow flowers and vegetables. They're invited to enter the Grow Your Own Pumpkin contest. Workshop is free however reservations are required.
• Common Summer Problems In All Plants, 9 a.m. today.
Why don't the plants and grass in your yard look as good as you envisioned? With the proper products, pruning techniques and correct watering, anyone can enjoy a beautiful lawn and spectacular plants this summer. Taught by David Ruf, owner of the enter. No reservations are required.
• Pruning Pines and Spruce Trees, 9 a.m. Sunday.
Avoid big brown patches that never fill in and "leggy" fine-needled evergreens. Ruf will show how to enjoy full, lush looking pines and spruce trees. No reservations are required
• Paver Installation, 9 a.m. June 19
Are considering replacing that old, oil stained, cracked driveway, or installing something all new? Free seminar includes an installation demonstration.
• Xeriscaping, 11 a.m. June 19
Find out the basics of xeriscape from Ruf, who will discuss how to xeriscape an area to meet your needs for function and style while saving water.
• Summer Pond Questions and Answers, 9 a.m. June 25
With the sun and heat there are some steps the pond owner needs to take to get maximum enjoyment from a backyard pond. Bring all of your questions to the seminar taught by Ruf.