The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 8:03 a.m., a 55-year-old Carson man was arrested following a traffic stop on Highway 50 East. A registration check revealed the vehicle’s registration had been surrendered. The driver also was charged with no valid drivers’ license and contempt of court issued by Reno Justice Court. Total bail was set at $1,595.
• At 10:49 a.m., a 65-year-old man was charged with contempt of court after he was seen trying to solicit money from passing vehicles. A check with dispatch revealed an outstanding warrant charging failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,070.
• At 7:29 p.m., Michael Pharris, 31, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of three felony counts after officers responded to a report of a domestic battery. The victim had red marks on her neck, a cut on her chin and complained of knee pain. She told deputies he grabbed her by the throat then hit her with a broken table leg. She said he also took her cellphone away when she tried to call a friend and smashed it, according to the police report. He was held in lieu of $50,000 bail on felony counts of battery with a deadly weapon, domestic battery with strangulation and attempting to prevent the victim from reporting a crime.
• At 1:30 a.m., a 33-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of an outstanding misdemeanor warrant after a traffic stop at Anderson and William streets. She was held in lieu of $241 bail.
• At 11:15 a.m., a 34-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny, child neglect, battery and disorderly conducted after deputies were called to Save Mart on a report of an attempted shoplifter fighting with store employees. He allegedly entered the store, picked up two items of baby formula and attempted to return them for a refund. According to the police report, video showed him entering the store without any items. When store employees told him that, they charged he tried to leave the store and, in the fight that followed, allegedly threw a small child he was carrying down. Total bail in the case was set at $3,900.
• At 11:32 a.m., Daniel Mason was arrested on suspicion of a felony warrant issued in Mississippi charging him as a fugitive from justice. He was located in a remote area of Brunswick Canyon after deputies responded to a report of two stranded subjects. He was held without bail.
• At noon, a 31-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of driving on a revoked license after the deputy was called on a report of a vehicle that hit a tree at Northridge and Southridge. A check of his license showed it was revoked for DUI until the end of March. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 6:17 p.m., David Kirkman, 57, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI after a traffic stop at Carson and William streets. He was located after more than one call from other motorists about a possibly intoxicated driver. He was charged with DUI with a prior felony conviction, an improper turn and failure to use a signal. Total bail in the case was set at $10,075.
• At 2:41 a.m., a 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of violating alternative sentencing conditions after deputies responded to an address on Gardenia Way on a report of domestic violence. According to the report, the dispute was verbal only but the male subject was under the influence and on a no-alcohol condition in an alternative sentencing case. He was ordered held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 9:08 a.m., Anthony Winter, 37, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of pharmaceuticals without a prescription after his mother called deputies. The pills were found in his clothing after he was arrested on a charge of violating alternative sentencing conditions for being intoxicated. He was held in lieu of a total of $5,500 bail.
• At 4:57 p.m., a 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of several misdemeanors including obscene and threatening phones calls and distributing obscene material to a minor by sending his ex-girlfriend and her 15-year-old daughter obscene and threatening text messages. Her was also charged with harassment and as an ex-felon failing to register. Total bail in the case is $1,150.
• At 11:06 p.m., David Wesley Johnson, 26, was arrested on suspicion of a felony charge of discharging a firearm in a dwelling after deputies responded to an address in the 1600 block of East Long Street to a report of shots fired. The female resident of the apartment gave permission to search. Deputies found a loaded AR15 in a gunsafe, a .357 pistol with one round fired in a closet and a glass pipe that smelled of marijuana, according to the police report. They also found several sets of brass knuckles. He also was charged with gross misdemeanor possession of a dangerous weapon and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Total bail was set at $23,500.
• At 5:17 a.m., A 38-year-old Dayton man was arrested on suspicion of damaging a vehicle and DUI-first offense after deputies responded to Rhone Street on a report of a hit-and-run accident. He was held in lieu of $3,500 bail.
• At 7:33 a.m., a 26-year-old San Francisco man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after deputies were called to the Les Schwab parking lot on a report of a man passed out behind the wheel of his car. He was booked on a DUI charge and held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
At 2:58 p.m., a 21-year-old Carson man was arrested on an outstanding failure to appear warrant after deputies responded to an address on Latigo Drive in reference to a domestic violence report.. He was also charged with resisting arrest after becoming uncooperative and pulling away from the deputy who reported that he had to carry the defendant to his patrol unit. Bail was set at $2,150.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.