The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:38 a.m., Patricia Bigpond, 33, was arrested on suspicion of a felony drug trafficking warrant after deputies spotted her getting into a car on Woodside Drive. She was ordered held in lieu of $100,000 bail.
• At 2:48 p.m., Cesar Munoz, 37, was arrested on suspicion of a warrant charging drug trafficking after a traffic stop on Fairview Drive. He was ordered held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• At 4 p.m., Irving Huerth, 28, was arrested on suspicion of felony use of another’s ID to avoid prosecution, possession of a false ID and misdemeanors possession of drug paraphernalia and violating suspended sentence conditions during a warrant search on Dale Drive. He was ordered held in lieu of $16,500 bail.
• At 9:49 a.m., David Torres, 27, was arrested on suspicion of preventing a witness from testifying and domestic battery-first offense after deputies were called to an address on south Saliman Road. The victim told deputies she was strangled and battered by Torres and that he took her phone to prevent her from calling 911. He was held in lieu of $8,000 bail.
• At 4:45 p.m., a 33-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after security at Raley’s detained her for allegedly putting items in her purse and walking out the door. Bail was set at $250.
• At 5:05 p.m., Rolando Arechiga was arrested on suspicion of felony possession and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop for a suspended registration on Corbett. He also was charged with not having a valid drivers license and booked on two warrants issued by Lyon County. Total bail was set at $7,000.
• At 3:23 a.m., a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop for speeding at Roop and Oregon streets. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 5:50 p.m., a 23-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of with felony drug possession after a traffic stop at Telegraph and Roop streets. Isela Flores was held in lieu of $3,500 bail.
• At 11:55 a.m. a 45-year-old was arrested on suspicion of a drunken pedestrian after calling a deputy handling an accident at Northridge Drive and Russell Way names for not allowing him through the street. Bail was set at $40 on a charge of being a drunken pedestrian.
• At 3:11 p.m., a 21-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully discharging a firearm and contempt by the Department of Alternative Sentencing after deputies were called to the 7-Eleven on North Carson Street for a report of a woman shooting a gun behind the building. After her vehicle was stopped, a Walther BB gun was found in the front left-door pocket. She was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 12:22 a.m., Melissa Lewis, 38, was arrested on suspicion of felony drug possession and possession of paraphernalia after deputies were called to a report of a dispute on East Long Street. The arrest report says the arresting deputy saw her dispose of something in a white napkin as he approached. He said the napkin allegedly contained a glass meth pipe. A search of her purse revealed a prescription pill. Bail was set at $3,500.