Fire fighters responded to a fire that damaged two units of an apartment building in Carson City on Friday.
Fire Chief Bob Schreihans said the fire at the Condor Circle complex was started by a faulty bathroom ceiling fan. Crews extinguished the blaze fairly quickly but he said there was “pretty heavy fire damage” in one apartment and heavy smoke damage in the second as the fire spread through the attic.
Schreihans said two families were displaced by the blaze and the Red Cross called to help them until they can get a new place to live.
In addition, he said one fire fighter was sent to the hospital for treatment of a burn on his arm.