Nevada Highway Patrol: 2 fatalities after Stagecoach crash

  • Discuss Comment, Blog about
  • Print Friendly and PDF

Two people were killed Tuesday night after a crash on US-50 between Iron Mountain Boulevard and Blackhawk Road at 9:15 p.m..

Tyler Davis Maher Jr., 25 of Fallon, was driving a Camaro and was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected as the vehicle overturned, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.

The driver of a F-150 pickup truck also died. The identification of the F-I50 driver has not been released yet. The adult female passenger in the F-150 was transported to an area hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.

NHP says the investigation shows that a red 2002 Chevrolet Camaro coupe was traveling eastbound on US-50, east of Iron Mountain Boulevard in the left-hand travel lane. A white 2001 Ford F-150 pickup was traveling eastbound on US-50, ahead of the Camaro in the right-hand travel lane. The Camaro was traveling at a high rate of speed as it approached a SUV in the left-hand lane. As the driver of the Camaro was passing the truck to the right, the Camaro rapidly closed the distance with the F-150. The driver of the Camaro attempted to make a lane change to pass the F-150 and struck the left rear of the pickup with its right front. Both vehicles left the eastbound travel lanes and entered the center median. The Camaro came to rest on its roof in the median of US-50. The F-150 came to rest on its roof in the westbound travel lanes of US-50.

The road was closed until 3 a.m.

If you were a witness to this incident, or have any information regarding this collision, please contact Trooper Max Davis of the Nevada Highway Patrol Multi-Disciplinary Investigation and Reconstruction Team (M.I.R.T.) at 775-687-9618 or NHP Case #180801998

••• The Nevada Highway Patrol says two people died Tuesday night after a crash at Highway 50 at Crow Lane in Stagecoach. At about 10 p.m. NHP and Lyon County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the scene. No other information has been released. Traffic was routed onto frontage roads until the road reopened about 3 a.m., according to NHP.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment