The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
FRIDAY, Feb. 19
• At 11:37 p.m., a 29-year-old woman was arrested at a residence on East Nye on an outstanding Douglas County misdemeanor warrant. She was held without bail.
SATURDAY, Feb. 20
• At 3:30 a.m., Adam Gusman, 27, was arrested on drug charges after a traffic stop for expired registration at Fall and John streets. The vehicle was searched after a K-9 alerted to the presence of drugs and deputies found heroin and paraphernalia inside. Bail was set at $3,500.
• At 11:09 a.m., Stephen Barthol, 25, was arrested after a stop for jaywalking across Carson Street. A consensual search for weapons found instead a lump of heroin in a baggie. He was also charged with initially giving deputies a false name. Bail was set at $12,500.
• At 12:29 p.m., a 26-year-old was arrested outside Best Value Inn after deputies responded to a report of unwanted subjects at the motel. A search of his person found a small amount of pot but P&P reported he was on alternative sentencing with a no drugs condition. His bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:34 p.m., a 37-year-old was arrested on East 5th Street after another driver saw him pull into a parking lot and hit the curbing. The witness called deputies saying the driver smelled of alcohol and appeared intoxicated so he took his keys away. He was charged with DUI 1st alcohol. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 3:34 p.m., Vaughn Terrell, 43, was arrested after deputies stopped an unlicensed driver at Walker Drive and Quinn. The driver called Terrell to pick up his vehicle but when he arrived, dispatch reported Terrell had an outstanding California warrant charging him as a fugitive from justice. Bail was set at $50,000.
• At 4:25 p.m., an 18-year-old woman was arrested at an apartment on College Parkway on a charge of domestic battery 1st offense. She is accused of attempting to choke her mother during an argument. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 6:30 p.m., a 54-year-old bartender was arrested after a traffic stop at Carson Street and Snyder for an expired registration. He was also charged with no valid driver’s license and no proof of insurance. Finally, he was charged with violating a Temporary Protective Order issued in California barring him from contact with the female passenger in the vehicle. Bail was set at $3,725.
• At 7:59 p.m., a 32-year-old was charged with violating a Temporary Protective Order after his ex-girlfriend called dispatch to report he attempted to contact her by phone. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:30 a.m., a 28-year-old Incline Village man was arrested on multiple misdemeanor counts after a caller reported a possibly intoxicated driver near the Spooner Junction with Carson Street. The arrest report says he turned on to Carson Street and, initially, ignored the red and blue flashing lights on the patrol vehicle, continuing north on Carson Street. After he was stopped, he was charged with DUI 2nd alcohol, failure to maintain a lane, no valid license, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, no proof of insurance and an open container in the vehicle. Bail was set $3,540.
• At 8:23 a.m., a 34-year-old California man was arrested on an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop for speeding on Carson Street. He was also charged with no license. The warrant charges battery on a protected person. Bail was set at $2,165.