The Churchill County commissioners meet Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. at the Churchill County Administrative Building, Commission Chambers, 155 N. Taylor St., Suite 145.
If you wish to make public comment, you may provide them at the meeting or via email, no later than 4:30 p.m. the day before the meeting, to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• These meetings are subject to the provisions of Nevada Open Meeting Law (NRS
Chapter 241). Except as otherwise provided for by law, these meetings are open and public.
• If you are not vaccinated and attend the meeting at the physical location, it is recommended you wear a mask.
• Update of current activities, plans, or actions related to the Bureau of Land Management's Carson City District.
• Presentation of the Churchill County Library's 5-Year Strategic Plan, Carol Lloyd, Library Director; Kelly Kelly, Library Board of Trustees; Zip Upham, Churchill Library Association; Ruth Metz, Ruth Metz Associates; and Jason Genek, BerryDunn
• Redemption/repurchase and cancellation of will-serve commitments owned by Haneva, LLC per the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Provision of Will-Serve Commitments, which, if approved, the will-serve commitments will be repurchased at the rate of $5,500 per commitment and Haneva, LLC owns 481 commitments.
• Appointment of Brian Byrd to fill the vacancy of Lem Mackedon on the Fallon Golf Course Board.
• Approval of early retirement incentive for Chris Thorn at a cost of approximately $62,400.
• Approval of funding from the Nevada System of Higher Education, University of Nevada Reno, to Churchill County Social Services to support wellness and healthy activities at the William N. Pennington Life Center totaling $71,489 for the period of Oct. 1, 2021- Sept. 30, 2022.
• Approval of a Software Services Agreement between Churchill County Social Services and Custom Data Processing, Inc. totaling approximately $48,000 for initial set-up and $2,372.37 per month to support health data collection and reporting, as funded by partners.
•Conversion of two part-time Community Health Nurses to one full-time Community Health Nurse, at an estimated cost of approximately $29,800.
• Establishment of a time for the budget and tax rate hearing scheduled for May 20, 2022.
• Adoption of Resolution 2-2022 authorizing the Clerk/Treasurer to sell property held in trust because of unpaid taxes, directing publication of the Notice of the Tax Sale as provided in statutes, and other matters properly relating thereto.
Action from Jan. 5
• Reappointed of Zack Bunyard to the Planning Commission to fill an unexpired term through Dec. 31, 2025.
• Selected HintonBurdick CPAs & Advisors as the Independent Auditors for the audits for Churchill County and CC Communications for Fiscal Years 2022, 2023, and 2024, along with a two-year extension option.
• Granted an easement to NV Energy for electrical lines that service Redundant Well #2 at the Sand Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• The commissioners will continue discussion on this agenda item since one of the principals named recently died. Redemption/repurchase and cancellation of will-serve commitments owned by Haneva, LLC per the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Provision of Will-Serve Commitments, which, if approved, the will-serve commitments will be repurchased at the rate.
• Adopted Resolution 1-2022, a resolution establishing the travel expenses and subsistence allowance for Churchill County effective Jan. 1, 2022, noting the new mileage rate of 58.5 cents per mile and per diem rate of $59 per day.
• Approved of Class Specification for IT Professional and approve the recruitment for the position at an estimated cost of $113,000.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment