A combination trail dedication and block party is Oct. 15 in Indian Hills will celebrate the dedication of the Clear Creek Trail system.
The first Carson Valley Trails Fest will take place at James Lee Park 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
“Opening new trails is always something worthy of a celebration,” organizers said. “That’s why, when planning the official dedication of our latest addition to the Clear Creek Trail system, we decided wait for the fall weather to hold a larger ceremony than usual. What we have planned is something more akin to a block party than a trail dedication.”
With help of many volunteers, local businesses and the Indian Hills General Improvement District, the Carson Valley Trails Association is celebrating the nine miles of additional trails that were completed this past spring.
“We see this as an opportunity to hold an annual celebration of the many recreational opportunities that our trails provide to the Carson Valley,” organizers said.
Festivities are expected to include:
• Official dedication of the new lower extension of the Clear Creek Trail which connects the Jacks Valley Road trailhead to the new trailhead at James Lee Park, including the new Jacks Valley Loop trail.
• Live Music by Robin Orr & Co. featuring a mix of contemporary pop and original music
Kitchen 1851 food truck, CV Flyte beverage truck and possibly others.
• Silent auction featuring numerous items donated by local businesses.
• Kid’s bike rodeo by Safe Routes to School.
• Information booths from many local businesses and organizations including Alpine Trails, Bike Habitat, Carson Valley Medical Center, and Muscle Powered.