Marshall Smith and Jarod Hickman, with POOL/PACT, award Carson City School District’s risk manager Ann Cyr with the Enterprise Risk Management Excellence Program and a check for completing a comprehensive audit in less than five months.
The Carson City School District was recognized at the Tuesday school board meeting with the Enterprise Risk Management Excellence Program Award for demonstrating excellence in enterprise risk management and commitment to the health, safety and welfare of its students, staff and the community.
The award also came with a check for $8,787.50 to be used toward future risk management projects.
The ERMEP Award was issued after an audit of the district’s policy and procedures, which demonstrates adherence to industry best practice policies and procedures. The review was conducted through an independent audit by professional risk experts in July.
In 1996, POOL/PACT, a Nevada nonprofit organization comprised of more than 140 public entities throughout Nevada, launched the ERMEP to promote enterprise risk management excellence.
The following CCSD personnel were primarily involved with the audit sections:
• Andrew Feuling, superintendent
• Ann Cyr, risk manager, ERMEP coordinator (Risk Management Section)
• Dan Sadler, associate superintendent of Human Resources (Human Resources Section)
• Laurel Crossman, school board trustee (Board Governance Section)
• Spencer Winward, director of Fiscal Services (Fiscal Controls Section)
• Raymond Medeiros, director of Innovation and Technology (CyberSecurity Section)
• Steve West, director of Operations (Transportation Section)
• Tasha Fuson, associate superintendent of Educational Services (School District Section)