The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Bruce Michael Perry, 43, who lists his occupation as "fugitive recovery," was arrested at 6:43 p.m. Thursday in the 4500 block of Apollo Drive on suspicion of felony forgery, obtaining money under false pretenses and uttering a forged instrument. He allegedly attempted to cash a fictitious tax refund check for $29,125.
- Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A jacket was stolen from a chair at a business in the 3800 block of Highway 50 East on Friday 4:09 a.m.
• A woman reported at 5:53 p.m. Thursday she was pulling out of a parking lot in the 3000 block of Highway 50 East when gravel flew up and hit another vehicle. The other driver allegedly got out of his truck, reached into her car and choked her boyfriend. Police located the suspect and he was arrested.
• A deer was struck by a car at 9:44 p.m. Thursday in the 5100 block of Carson River Road.