A Carson City woman found guilty of burglary must turn herself in to the jail by noon Friday to begin serving 12 to 30 months in prison.
Mary Louise Reasoner, 31, received her sentence Tuesday before Judge Bill Maddox.
"At some time you have to pay the piper," said Maddox in noting Reasoner already has a felony conviction for embezzlement and was dishonorably discharged from probation once before. "There's got to be a bottom line. In this case, you've reached it."
A jury found Reasoner guilty of burglarizing a storage shed on Sutro Terrace with her cousin Michael Kenneth Pierson, 41. Pierson pleaded to attempted theft and is serving up to 48 months in prison.
Deputy District Attorney Lori Trotter had asked Maddox to impose a sentence of 16 to 60 months on Reasoner.
"Miss Reasoner is not a candidate for probation. She's demonstrated she cannot successfully complete probation," said Trotter. "She's still not admitting to the fact that she entered that storage unit."
"I'm not going to admit to a crime that I didn't commit," Reasoner said.
At the time of Reasoner's arrest, investigators said items found at her mother's home and other items found in storage units rented in Reasoner's name implicated her in a series of storage unit thefts. It's unclear if charges related to those additional burglaries will be filed.
Reasoner was allowed to get her affairs in order before reporting to begin her sentence.
Also before Maddox on Tuesday:
• Jonathan B. Thomas, 46, was sentenced to probation for up to five years, in lieu of 28 to 72 months in prison on a charge of felony sale of a controlled substance.
• Joshua Thomas Phillips, 32, was sentenced to probation for up to three years in lieu of 12 to 32 months in prison on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Francisco Javier Nuno Vera, 20, was sentenced to 12 to 36 months in prison and a $2,000 fine on a charge of principal to trafficking. He was given credit for serving 180 days in jail.
• Steven Marc Chan, 30, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit forgery and forgery. He will be sentenced May 8.
• Barri Lynn Eley, 47, pleaded guilty to felony third-offense driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. She faces 12 to 72 months in prison when sentenced June 12.
• Rechie Takeo Kitaoka, 51, was sentenced to up to three years probation in lieu of 12 to 34 months in prison on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.