Morning snow on the valley floor contributed to a number of accidents and spin outs on area highways this morning. From 6 a.m. to about 11 a.m. the following calls for service were noted according to Department of Public Safety Spokesman Trooper Chuck Allen:
- Single vehicle non-injury accident north bound on US 395, just north of the Mt Rose junction.
- 2-vehicle accident with minor injuries, air bag deployed; not blocking any travel lanes northbound near the Mill St interchange.
- 2 separate rollover accidents, neither one involving injuries on Interstate 80; 1 near Lockwood and 1 near Mustang.
- Single-vehicle accident on SR 431 near Wedge Parkway.
- 3 spinouts/slide offs on SR 431.
Allen said troopers are currently responding to an unknown injury accident on Interstate 80 near the Vista interchange
Poor visibility is reported on Interstate 80 between Sparks Boulevard and Mustang as well as on the Mt Rose Highway.
"We are advising motorists to slow down, allow extra time during today's commute. Surface streets are extremely icy, particularly at intersections," said Allen.