Carson City road report through Friday:
The city's annual slurry seal project will continue this week. Street sealing will be completed in the general vicinity of the area bounded by Carson Street to the east, Mountain Street to the west, Winnie Lane to the north, and Washington Street to the south. Additional notices will be placed on the affected streets each week to inform residents and motorists. Numerous streets will be sealed each weekday, with closures on each street lasting about four hours.
Construction of the North Stewart Street Extension from East John Street to North Roop Street is continuing. As a result, the following closures are expected to occur:
• North Stewart Street closed from U.S. 50 East to John Street
• U.S. 50 East eastbound left turn lane at Stewart Street closed
• John Street will be closed from Fall Street to Anderson Street beginning Tuesday, and will not open until the project is complete
• North Stewart Street will be closed intermittently from John Street to David Street
• There will be intermittent closures of Lee Street, Long Street, Park Street, Adams Street, and Corbett Street at their intersections with North Stewart Street
The reconstruction of Curry Street from Koontz Lane to Rhodes Street is continuing. As a result, the following closures are expected to occur:
• South Curry Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Rhodes Street to Koontz Lane 7 a.m.-4 p.m
• Rhodes Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to South Curry Street
7 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Moses Street reduced to single-lane traffic with delays from Carson Street to 300 feet west of South Curry Street 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Frontage improvements will continue along the south side of Old Clear Creek Road approximately between Bodines Casino and Vista Grande Boulevard, including the area along Fuji Park.
• Pavement improvements will continue this week at the intersection of Colorado Street and Baker Drive. Baker Drive at Colorado Street will be closed from 6:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Landscaping is taking place on Fairview Drive. Sidewalk and lane closures will take place between Roop Street and Saliman Road.
• Third Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street on Friday from 3 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. due to a special event.