The following information applies to the period of Sept. 12-18:
Butti Way will remained closed between Fairview Drive and Airport Road due to construction of a water line. In addition, Airport Road will be closed between Butti Way and Desatoya Drive. During construction, those wishing to access the Public Works building may do so via Fairview Drive to westbound Butti Way. Those wishing to access the Parks and Recreation Department offices or the Jump Around Carson (JAC) transit office may do so via the south gate to the Public Works Corporate Yard off of Butti Way, south of Airport Road. The road closures are expected to remain in place through mid-October.
Slurry sealing will continue on several streets in the area within the approximate boundary of Colorado Street to the north, Koontz Lane to the south, Edmonds Drive to the east, and Carson Street to the west.
Various closures will occur for up to six hours at a time. "No Parking" signs will be posted on streets prior to work being done.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
• Bigelow Drive from Race Track Road to Snyder Avenue
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Conte Drive
• Edmonds Drive from Bennett Avenue to Clearview Drive (one day only later in the week)
Work will continue on a Nevada Department of Transportation project to mill and overlay a section of Highway 395 from the junction with Highway 50 (Spooner) in Carson City to south of Waterloo Lane in Gardnerville. There will be nightly lane closures and turn restrictions, occurring from 8 p.m. through 6 a.m., weeknights between the junction with Highway 50 (Spooner) and South Sunridge Drive.
The following closures are scheduled due to special events.
• On Monday, Fourth Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• On Saturday, Curry Street will be closed between Proctor Street and Telegraph Street from noon to midnight.
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the NDOT freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen by the end of September.
For information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.