The following information applies to the period of Sept. 19-25:
Butti Way will remained closed between Fairview Drive and Airport Road due to construction of a water line. In addition, Airport Road will be closed between Butti Way and Desatoya Drive. During construction, those wishing to access the Public Works building may do so via Fairview Drive to westbound Butti Way. Those wishing to access the Parks and Recreation Department offices or the Jump Around Carson (JAC) transit office may do so via the south gate to the Public Works Corporate Yard off of Butti Way, south of Airport Road. The road closures are expected to remain in place through mid-October.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
• Bigelow Drive from Race Track Road to Snyder Avenue
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Conte Drive
Work will continue on a Nevada Department of Transportation project to mill and overlay a section of Highway 395 from the junction with Highway 50 (Spooner) in Carson City to south of Waterloo Lane in Gardnerville. All work currently under way is being done in Douglas County.
The following activity is scheduled due to utility work. In all instances, traffic control will be for shoulder work only, and delays should be minimal.
• The south side of Palo Verde Drive just east of the entrance to Mills Park.
• The east side of Kitchen Drive near the intersection with Goshute Way.
• Edmonds Drive south of Clearview Drive.
The following closures are scheduled due to special events.
• Research Way will temporarily be made a one-way street southbound from College Parkway from noon to 10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to midnight Saturday. Those entering on Research Way may exit back out to College Parkway via Goni Road.
• Proctor Street will be closed between Carson Street and Plaza Street from 7 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday.
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the NDOT freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen by the end of September.
For information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.