The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 10:38 a.m., a 55-year-old Carson man was arrested at a Poole Way residence on charges of violating an extended temporary protection order. He told deputies he had been staying at the residence for three months after his mother advised him the order had been dissolved. The deputy informed him the order was still in effect and he was under arrest despite the mother’s statement she had been letting him stay there. He was held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 4:22 p.m., a 19-year-old Carson man was charged with DUI drugs 1st offense after a traffic stop at Saliman and Little. The deputy said he could smell marijuana burning while driving behind the vehicle. He was ordered held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 7:52 p.m., Jacob Andrew Watts, 21, was arrested in the 1100 block of South Carson Street. He was charged with felony possession of methamphetamine and after a deputy spotted him riding a bicycle that was reported stolen earlier in the day. He was also charged with possession of paraphernalia, petit larceny and possession of a stolen bicycle. Total bail was set at $4,750.
• At 9:48 p.m., Andrew Kanvik, 55, of Carson City was arrested on a variety of charges including felony drug possession after he was stopped on North Carson Street at Park Street. His backpack revealed a small amount of what the deputy believed to be meth. While he was in the booking area of the jail, he was charged with grabbing the paper containing the substance from the table and eating it. He was charged with possession, destruction of evidence and three violations of bail and pre-trial supervision restrictions involving prior cases. Total bail was set at $14,000.
• At 10:33 p.m., Scot Hudson, 47, was arrested on drug trafficking charges after a traffic stop on West William street for using a cell phone. A drug dog alerted deputies who searched the vehicle and found a glass pipe and four baggies in a lunch box bearing Hudson’s name. The deputy said three of the bags appeared to be meth and the fourth cocaine. Hudson was booked on charges of trafficking, possession of coke, both felonies, and misdemeanor charges of possessing drug paraphernalia, driving on a suspended license and using a cell phone while driving. Total bail was set at $44,050.
• At 12:49 a.m., a 24-year-old woman was charged with DUI second after a traffic stop for failure to maintain a lane and an improper turn at Valley and Musser. She was held in lieu of $2,580 bail.
• At 4:23 a.m., a 59-year-old man was arrested at East William and State Streets following a traffic stop for a suspended vehicle registration. He was also held on a contempt of court warrant. Total bail was set at $235.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.