Carson City School District is preparing for Back to School on Aug. 16.
With the first day of school (K-12) fast approaching, Aug. 16, Carson City School District wants all students and parents to be aware of some important back-to-school information and event dates this year.
Pre-K begins classes Monday, Aug. 23.Carson High School (CHS), 1111 N. Saliman Road, 775-283-1600, Principal Bob Chambers, 7:40 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
Carson High School will host “Senator Kick-Off” Monday, Aug. 9. Meet outside the North Entrance:
- Seniors, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Juniors, 11 a.m. to noon
- Sophomores, noon to 1 p.m.
CHS Senator Kick-Off and parking distribution:
- Students must have updates in Infinite Campus completed
- Parking Permits $20 (requires payment and application)
- Cash or check payments: Complete the form, attach payment and turn in at Senator Kick-Off or at the CHS Finance Office when school resumes
If parents have updated their student's information in Infinite Campus
, students will be able to pick up their class schedule, check out a Chromebook and purchase a parking space. They also will be able purchase a Student Body Card sticker (required for all extracurricular activities – free entry into home games and discounted dance tickets), preorder yearbooks, etc. Login to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
to review and update student/family information. Contact Lavon Sollberger at email@example.com
or 775-283-1838 for additional assistance.
CHS Freshman/New Student Orientation will be held from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Aug. 10, meeting outside the north entrance. All parents must update their student’s Infinite Campus information, which includes annual permission and consent forms. Parents will not be allowed to accompany students to freshman orientation. The orientation will allow students to receive their schedule, Chromebook, take a mini-tour of the school and listen to a short message from the administration. CHS requests that students arrive a few minutes before their scheduled start time and be prepared to be there for one hour.
- Last names A-D: 8 a.m.
- Last names E-K: 9 a.m.
- Last names L-Q: 10 a.m.
- Last names R-Z: 11 a.m.
If, for some reason, students are unable to attend at their scheduled time slot, contact Shanell Cavener at firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule a time that works best. Updated information about orientation will be posted on www.carsonhigh.com
. Go to https://bit.ly/CHSenatorsWelcome
for a virtual welcome to CHS and links to helpful information.
- P.E. uniforms $25
- Student body card stickers $25
- Parking permits $20
- Yearbooks $85
Student pictures - Student pictures will be taken on Tuesday, Sept. 1 and Wednesday, Sept. 2; additional information will be sent home with students.Carson Middle School, 1140 West King St., 775-283-2800, Principal Dan Sadler, 7:45 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Carson Middle School, “Back-to-School Sneak Preview” at Carson Middle School.
- Sixth grade: 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 11
- Seventh and eighth grade: 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 12
Students must be accompanied by a parent. All parents must update their student’s Infinite Campus information, which includes annual permission and consent forms; i.e., computer usage, field trips, etc., in order to receive a schedule. Computers and assistance will be available during the “Sneak Preview” for any parent that has not registered or completed their update. There will be a variety of information stations: student schedules, lockers, transportation and sports. Items available for purchase include yearbooks and CMS PTA membership.Eagle Valley Middle School, 4151 E. Fifth St., 775-283-2600, Dr. Lee Conley, Principal, 7:45 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Eagle Valley Middle School “Back-to-School Bootcamp” in the main gym, main entrance.
- Sixth grade: 3 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 12
- Seventh and eighth grade: 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 12
The purpose is to distribute student schedules, pick up Chromebooks, pay for P.E. clothes, gather information about school sports and other activities and pay any applicable fees. Make sure Infinite Campus updates are completed prior to attending. There will be no assistance available for updates. If updates are not completed prior to attending, schedules will not be available. If assistance is needed, call 775-283-2600. The upper basketball court area will be available for overflow parking, if necessary.
Other important district-wide back-to-school dates to the calendar include the following. Note dates and times are subject to change.
- Aug. 13: Seeliger Elementary School Kindergarten Meet & Greet, 2 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Empire Elementary School Meet & Greet, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Bordewich Bray Elementary School Meet & Greet/Back-to-School Night, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Fremont Elementary School Back-to-School Open House and PTA Ice Cream Social, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Aug. 13: Fritsch Elementary School Back-to-School PTA Ice Cream Social, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 19: Seeliger Elementary School Open House, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 26: Empire Elementary School Back to School Night, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 26: Mark Twain Elementary School Back-To-School, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 13: Carson High School Open House, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Sept. 16: Carson Middle School Open House, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Sept. 22: Pioneer Academy (grades 1-12) Open House/Parent Night, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Sept. 23: Fritsch Elementary School Open House/Parent Night, 5:30 to 7 p.m.