School board members Richard Varner, Laurel Crossman and Lupe Ramirez.
Carson City School District
Monday, January 24, 2022
The Carson City School Board of Trustees appointed new roles for board members during their Jan. 11 meeting.
Richard Varner, District 4, was named the newest president of the Carson City School District Board of Trustees. Varner replaced former President and Immediate Past President Joe Cacioppo, District 7, as the school board’s leader. Trustees Laurel Crossman, District 2, and Lupe Ramirez, District 1, were also named vice president and clerk, respectively. Crossman replaced former Vice President Varner and Ramirez replaced former Clerk Crossman. Each of the three leaders will serve one-year terms on the Carson City School Board.
Trustees were appointed to serve on various committees and associations including the following for the ensuing year.
- Director on the Nevada Association of School Boards – Mike Walker
- Alternate Director on the Nevada Association of School Boards – Richard Varner
- Member, Carson City Parks & Recreation Committee – Stacie Wilke-McCulloch
- Debt Management Commission – Richard Varner
- Partnership Carson City – Lupe Ramirez
- Legislative Liaison – Laurel Crossman and Joe Cacioppo
- Representative(s) to Superintendent’s School Naming Committee – Mike Walker and Stacie Wilke-McCulloch
- Representative(s) to Superintendent’s Joint Advisory Committee – Donald Carine
- Representative to Carson City School’s Foundation – Richard Varner
- Representative(s) to Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) – Lupe Ramirez and Laurel Crossman
- Representative to the Emergency Operations Development Committee – Joe Cacioppo
Action was also taken to appoint trustees to serve as Individual Liaisons to schools within the district. Those assignments include the following.
- Carson High School – Stacie Wilke-McCulloch and Lupe Ramirez
- Pioneer High School – Joe Cacioppo
- Carson Middle School – Richard Varner
- Eagle Valley Middle School – Donald Carine
- Bordewich Bray Elementary School – Richard Varner
- Empire Elementary School – Stacie Wilke-McCulloch
- Fremont Elementary School – Laurel Crossman
- Fritsch Elementary School – Laurel Crossman
- Mark Twain Elementary School – Mike Walker
- Seeliger Elementary School – Lupe Ramirez
- Early Childhood – Mike Walker
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment